Rapper Riff Raff is most known for his lyrical absurdity and colorful tattoos. On Twitter (@JODYHiGHROLLER) he has tweeted close to 50,000 times, mainly about Versace and how his “rap game” compares to pretty much anything and everything. Much of his lyrics are randomized words strung together, sometimes rhyming, sometimes not. In one song, he states, “I don’t want your girl, she look like an iguana driving a Honda.” And in another he says, “Candy fuchsia Buick, Martha Stewart transmission fluid.” Basically, he is insane.
But he is also kind of awesome. And after digging through some of his songs and thousands of tweets, I feel like Riff Raff is a bit of a sweetheart… of sorts. Some of his posts and lyrics could be easily mistaken for something that was said in a chick flick or a sappy love song.
So let’s try something, can you guess which of the following are quotes from romantic comedies and which are said by Riff Raff?
1. “You should never have to compete for love, love is simple and mutual—otherwise it’s not love.”
2. “If you’re a bird, I’m a bird.”
3. “You can’t make everyone happy so focus on making yourself happy so that maybe happiness can be contagious to the ones you let in your life.”
4. “I know you can be underwhelmed, and you can be overwhelmed, but can you ever just be, like, whelmed?”
5. “Dads always leave home so that they can go start a new family with a woman who can cook and kids who don’t exist.”
6. “As the days keep turning, as the world keeps burning, as my soul keeps learning, tears fall from the castles around my heart.”
7. “There’s no such thing as love, it’s fantasy.”
8. “I just realized that I have never been in love.”
9. “Instead of the mahi mahi, may I just get the one mahi because I’m not that hungry.”
10. “You think everybody is in love with you when actually, everybody hates you.”
11. “Can you please spell Gabbana?”
12. “If you love me I might randomly slide a big pizza under your door.”
LET’S SEE HOW YOU DID.
1. Riff Raff gave this shockingly decent advice on love.
2. While one might be inclined to think Riff Raff would depict this this illogical cause and effect scenario, this was actually a quote from The Notebook.
3. Okay fine, I rewrote Riff Raff’s tweets with caps lock turned off. But again, some startlingly sound advice from a man who shaves his facial hair to resemble an EKG reading of someone’s heart rhythm.
4. This was actually a quote from 10 Things I Hate About You. Does Riff Raff look like someone who would get underwhelmed or overwhelmed? No he does not.
5. The cold hard truth of fatherhood from Riff Raff himself.
6. I’m not really sure what the rapper is trying to say here, but it sounds more like something a teen would write in her diary.
7. Riff Raff wouldn’t say this, he believes in love as long as it’s mutual. Duh. This is a quote from 500 Days of Summer.
8. Poor JODYHiGHROLLER, his time will come.
9. This is from The House Bunny. Asking for one mahi because you’re not very hungry would be like saying you just want to listen to Riff because you don’t have much time for Raff.
10. This is a quote from Mean Girls.
11. A man who has a song where he says “Dolce and Gabbana” over and over definitely already knows how to spell Gabbana.
12. If you love Riff Raff and also have an unusually large opening under your door, you might just want to keep your eyes peeled.