Man, this is worth it’s weight in gold. Named after a skateboard trick that doesn’t exist outside the realm of this film, GLEAMING THE CUBE was an entire major motion picture centered around skateboarding in the late ’80s starring Christian Slater.
Aside from the fact that Mike McGill, Gator, Eric Dressen, Lance Mountain, Mike Vallely, Tommy Guerrero, and Natas Kaupas all make cameos, here are 5 more reasons why you need to watch (or re-watch) this movie.
(1) Christian Slater somehow has a full-Asian brother.
(2) Tony Hawk wears a visor. Backwards. Throughout the entire movie.
(3) Skateboards are faster than motorcycles.
(4) When Christian Slater skates in the dark, he bears a striking resemblance to Rodney Mullen with a bad wig.
(5) The final scene of the last clip.